Clicks is committed to protecting personal information collected from you throughout the recruitment and selection process. Personal information includes things like the information you include on your CV or job application. For a more detailed list of what personal information is please refer to the next section in this policy.
If you are placed into a job by us, any further personal information collected or generated as a result of our relationship is also protected from access by unauthorised individuals.
We will only ask for and record personal information that will help us to place you in the jobs best suited to you, and we will not pass on any personal information without your consent. Personal information passed to us by clients or referees will be treated in the same way. By providing your details to us, you are agreeing that we may contact you, either by phone, email or SMS, to make you aware of new job opportunities.
We strive to protect data transmitted to us over the internet but because such transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we do not warrant the security of personal information transmitted in this way, but we will make every effort to make it secure on our own systems.
Information collected by us will not be sold, rented or licensed to anyone else. It may be necessary for us to hold records for an extended period of time. However, when the information is no longer of use to us, we may destroy or de-identify it in a manner that protects your privacy. Likewise, you have the option of requesting that your details be deleted from our databases at any time. Personal information held by us is available for your review in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. All requests for review or deletion of your personal information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Collection of Personal and Sensitive Information
Your personal information may be collected when you deal with us by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail, social media, or when you submit your details via our website or a job board.
We only want you to give us personal information that is relevant to the job you are applying for, or that you want us to use in finding you a future job. If you provide such information we understand you want us to use it for this purpose. The kinds of personal information we would collect might include:
- Your employment preferences
- Contact details
- Employment history
- Education, qualifications, certifications
- Professional memberships, associations, affiliations with relevant industry bodies or organisations
- Awards, recognition and special achievements
- Referee details
- Relevant volunteer or unpaid work
- Other information that will help us to match you to suitable job opportunities
- If we place you into a job, your banking, tax and superannuation details
Personal and sensitive information may also be collected when:
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make with your permission of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency, psychometric or medical assessment;
- we receive feedback on your performance;
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; and
- you provide us with any additional information about yourself.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible placement in a job;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our (or our client’s) identification of your training needs;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved; and
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Who your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- your potential and actual employers;
- our associated companies and subsidiaries;
- our insurers for Workers Compensation in the event that you are involved in a workplace accident or injury that results in a claim;
- a Workers Compensation body in the event that you are involved in a workplace accident or injury that results in a claim;
- medical professionals, medical facilities or health authorities if a medical assessment is required as part of placing you into a job or in the event you are involved in a workplace accident or injury that requires medical attention;
- companies we partner with to provide probity / assessment services if this is required as part of placing you into a job, for example:
- the validation of your right to work in Australia;
- credentials and qualifications;
- psychometric assessments;
- skills testing;
- criminal background checking; or
- health, wellness, or drug screening.
- third parties involved in providing, managing or administering Clicks’ services, for example our marketing consultancy that helps us communicate better with you, or the organisation we outsource a component of our administrative support function to that has employees in the Philippines. Any recipients of the information outside Clicks are bound by obligations of confidentiality to us and compliance with the APP;
- financial institutions, superannuation and managed funds organisations, and their advisers if we place you into a job;
- other organisations involved in our normal business practices, including our agents and contractors;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information; or
How we hold your personal information:
Your information may be stored in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to match you to suitable work opportunities; and
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong.
The Privacy Act sets out your rights to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you wish to exercise this right, please email email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 30 days.
Third Party Services
We use a variety of services hosted by third parties, such as Google Analytics. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request. For information on how Google Analytics use your information, please refer to their privacy policies. By using clicks.com.au, you consent to the processing of data by these third parties in accordance with their privacy policies.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies (eg. Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
We also use Google cookies for remarketing to advertise online.
How Does Our Remarketing Activity Affect You?
When you visit our website or campaign sites, our web server will drop a cookie on your browser. If you leave our website to visit another website which is part of the Google network or perform a relevant search, you may be served our ad. The remarketing cookie will be valid for a minimum of 30 days. You can remove our remarketing cookie by deleting your Internet browsing history and clearing your cookies. This can be done through the tools/settings function of your Internet browser.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages or assets you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
How to contact our Privacy Manager: