Working in recruitment, naturally I am surrounded by people who, for various reasons, are looking for their next career change. At the start of each year however, there is always an annual migration of ‘new year, new job, new me’ …
Clicks is the Diamond Sponsor and sole recruitment partner for the 2019 #TechDiversity Awards. The #TechDiversity Foundation is committed to amplifying diversity awareness and achieving a culture of inclusion through conversation, collaboration, and action. The 2018 event was a sell-out success, with over 600 attendees from all industries.
Here’s an overview of some of Clicks’ diversity initiatives:
- Clicks is proud to have pay equity between genders
- Ben Wood, our Managing Director, is a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador
- We conduct annual pay equity audits
Our diverse workforce:
- 62% of our leaders are female
- 60% of our employees are female
- Over half of our staff were born outside Australia.
- 16 countries in total, including Canada, Armenia, Belgium, Scotland, Switzerland, South Africa, China, Lebanon, the Philippines, India, and New Zealand.
- 20% of our staff have ongoing special arrangements. 3% of our staff have a disability
- One in five of our staff are over 45
- We have a 100% return to work rate from maternity leave
Does your business have a diversity strategy?
- Maximise our capability and our clients’ capability through a diverse and inclusive business model
- A safe and inclusive environment regardless of gender, generation, culture, lifestyle or ability
- A culture where every person feels valued and respected, and is empowered to be a contributor
- Harness the power of our diverse workforce to drive ongoing innovation
- Parity in salary across genders
- Gender equity in leadership roles
- Offices with full site accessibility
Strategies we use to attract female applicants
- Flexible working arrangements
- A merit-based framework for salary and performance management, excluding the possibility of unconscious bias.
- Strong female role models
- Gender equality in our leadership team
- Paid parental leave
- Consultants are trained to ask diversity questions when taking job briefs and reviewing client position descriptions
- Avoidance of male-centric language in job ads