We don’t know if it’s just us, but each year seems to roll around faster than the last. The end of the financial year is always a tricky time, trying to balance wrapping things up and celebrating the year that was, while also starting to plan and shift your thinking for the new financial year.
If you’re a people leader, on top of everything that is going on, you would’ve completed many performance reviews and perhaps finalising a few. Your headcount budget requests have been submitted and hopefully will get approved.
Having recently completed performance reviews with your team, you know how important it is to get the right people in place to help you achieve your goals.
No doubt you’ve put in place retention and engagement strategies for high performers, identified flight risks, know what roles you have coming down the pipeline, and are supported by your internal HR and recruitment teams.
What You May Have Not Had Time to Do Yet is:
- Update your position descriptions for new roles (and existing ones if you have any flight risks)
- Break down and detail the skills and experience you need for the roles in your team
- Market test budget for new headcount
- Devise a recruitment strategy to effectively take your role to market and target the right talent
- Tailor the interview process (including crafting questions and assessments) to assess the best fit candidate in terms of skills, experience, aptitude, and culture fit
Why is This Important?
- A position description is a great way to help you clarify what skills, experience, abilities, and qualification that are important in order to do the role well
- It’s generally time consuming to get budget approval for a new role. You don’t want to go to market to only find can’t attract the right candidate and have to go through the process again
- While you might get lucky just putting up a job ad, a job ad that lacks the right thinking and market research could end up costing you more time, effort and cause damage to your employer brand
Ultimately, doing recruitment right the first time, will mean you’ve got a great team in place and hopefully won’t have to do it again for some time.
How We Can Help:
- Clicks can provide candidate profiles for you to review. Seeing what’s available in the market can help crystalise the requirements of what you are looking for (and perhaps not looking for)
- Clicks have a variety of technical tests to help assess candidate fit. We can also help you put together bespoke assessments and interview questions
- We can provide up to date market insights and salary data for the roles you are thinking of hiring for
- We’ll tell you the key drivers and motivators of candidates including a breakdown by industry and roles
For a confidential chat to discuss how we can help, please reach out to team on 1300 CLICKS to see how we can help.
Wishing you another successful year, a few steps ahead of the last.
Regional General Manager, VIC and ACT