Our Chairman, Tony Beddison AC, is the recently retired Chairman of the Prince’s Charities Australia and Director of the Australian War Memorial ANZAC Foundation. From 2004 to 2012 he was Chairman of the Royal Children’s Hospital, Director of the Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation and Director of the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute. Clicks financially supports the time Tony spends on his many philanthropic enterprises.
Clicks’ Managing Director, Ben Wood, participated in the 2013 Vinnies CEO Sleepout to assist more than 100,000 Australians who find themselves homeless each night of the year. Along with other business leaders, Ben slept outside in the middle of winter to experience homelessness first hand raising over $8000 for the cause.
Every year Clicks enters one of the largest teams in Run for the Kids, an event that supports the Royal Children’s Hospital. We provide the entry fee, t-shirts, goodie bags and breakfast to our staff, clients, contractors and their families. In 2013 Team Clicks came second in the long course event.
In recent times we have also support the Heart Foundation in the same way in the ACT for the Canberra Times Fun Run.
Clicks is committed to reducing our environmental impact. Our philosophy of ‘rethink, reuse, repair and recycle’ is reflected in our everyday practices.
How do we proactively reduce our carbon footprint?
- Videoconferencing technology for meetings instead of regular interstate flights for our leadership team
- General energy saving by switching off lights wherever possible
- Installing energy efficient lighting
- Shutting down computer workstations at the end of each day
- On-screen projectors instead of paper handouts at meetings
- Electronic timesheets instead of paper and faxes. This alone saves over 200 reams of copy paper every year
- Forest Stewardship Council certified copy paper
- Recycling in the office
- Turning off air-conditioning overnight and on weekends
- Using public transport instead of private vehicles or taxis
Click here to read our Environmental Management Policy.