I’ve been working at Clicks for over a decade, which I appreciate in this day and age is a rarity. What can I say – I love my job! No day is ever the same, I meet new people, I work with great people, and I’m constantly learning. Over the years I’ve seen our Contractor Care program evolve to better support the changing needs of our contractor workforce. The change we experienced last year was by far the most extreme I’ve seen in my ten years at Clicks. Despite this, we were able to continue to make our IT contractors feel part of the Clicks community and provide them with the support to deliver their best in their roles.
I am immensely proud of our team and contractors. They demonstrated resilience, grace, kindness, and at times when it really mattered, humour, in response to the unexpected circumstances of last year. 2021 is racing away with many new initiatives, including a refresh of our signature contractor rewards. However, I felt it was important to take a moment to reflect on some of the highlights from last year:
- Shifting our direct personal service to an online model in a matter of days whilst maintaining the high-touch service that we’re famous for – with nearly a thousand contractors spread across the country it was no mean feat
- Continuing to conduct our contractor surveys helped us better understand how our contractors wanted to be supported during COVID
- Introducing a much-coveted ‘Home Office Makeover’ as the prize for the Contractor of the Year Award (which rewards and recognises the great contribution contractors make to workplaces)
- Delivering our award-winning wellness program which included free flu shots, discounted health insurance, and a talk with Adam Goodes!
- Donating $10,000 to Foodbank and Beyond Blue on behalf of our contractors and clients as an alternative to our usual end of year celebrations
- Offering heavily discounted training and technical certifications to help our contractors upskill and increase their employability. This seemed particularly important during the market downturn
- Helping our contractors who had finished their assignments find new roles, including interview coaching and resume preparation assistance
The biggest highlight for me was being surrounded by a great team who are dedicated and really care. I learnt that with the right people, you can get through anything – even a global pandemic! Below are some examples of the feedback we consistently receive that shows we really do care.
Eliza, VIC Contractor Care
“I am really enjoying the role and I’m also astounded by the level of service and quality received from Clicks IT. Having previously worked with Clicks IT consultants and now become one [a Clickster], I have to say I am impressed, to say the least. Thank you so much for the follow-up.” Tri, Melbourne
Narelle, NSW & QLD Contractor Care
“Just wanted to thank you for all your support during my time at Clicks IT. I am absolutely blown away by your unparalleled professionalism and how quick you always were to answer my questions! At this stage, I have been offered a one year employee position…but will be in touch the next time I am looking for employment opportunities. All the Best for 2021.” Cristina, Sydney
Donna, ACT Contractor Care
“Just a quick note to thank you and Clicks for lunch yesterday. It was nice to catch up with you and other Clicksters and I enjoyed the company and meal. Thanks again and look forward to catching up again soon.” Chris, ACT
If you require contractor support services or need a great contractor for your team, please reach out to your Clicks Account Manager, or contact us on 1300 CLICKS.
National Manager, Contractor Care