As the December holidays draw near, the stress of work deadlines, events and Christmas catch-ups with distant Aunt Sally loom closer and closer. As a result, our regular routines tend to suffer – and one of the first compromises we …
Work With Us
Welcome! Clicks is always on the lookout for potential new ‘Clicksters’. Find out more about a career in recruitment and what it’s like to be a Clickster below.
Get the low down on #Clicksterlife!
Check us out on Instagram
Having been in the industry since 1987, I can attest to the many challenges and rewards a career in recruitment can provide. It’s an entrepreneurial industry and there are ‘no excuses’ – the only reason you can’t do something is because of some personal limitation holding you back.
There are a number of different paths a recruitment career can take. Whichever path you choose, we think there are 3 things that are essential to your success:
- You’re passionate about providing the best solution no matter how much hard work it will take.
- You care about the people you deal with.
- You can sell. Whether it’s explaining an opportunity to a candidate, profiling a candidate to a hiring manager or pitching a solution to a client, you enjoy picking up the phone, meeting people and building effective relationships.
If this sounds like you please read on. Who knows, you might well be our next Clickster…
Being a top recruiter is every bit as challenging as being at the top in any career. To give yourself the best chance of success you need a company that guarantees the right balance of entrepreneurship and structure.
Here are 5 things you should know about Clicks:
- Our culture is driven by our values: Integrity, Service, Teamwork, Learning and Excellence. Our values drive our behaviour every day and provide our people with the benefits of a true team environment.
- We believe we provide our people with the best support in the industry. Our people are successful because their jobs play to their strengths. Whatever your role, you will be empowered to become an expert.
- We invest in your training and development. You’ll receive an in-depth four week onboarding experience when you start. Then you’ll be enrolled into the Beddison Learning Academy where we’ll work with you to manage your ongoing development throughout your time at Clicks.
- We prefer to recruit, train, and promote than make external hires. Over 80% of our leadership team have been promoted into their current role.
- Our bonus plan is realistic and achievable. In addition there is a program of incentives throughout the year and we never tire of recognising our team mates’ successes.
Clicks has 6 business units based in our offices in Melbourne, Sydney Brisbane and Canberra. Each business has a team mix of the following skill sets:
You are a Sourcing Specialist, a Boolean Black Belt, a Networking Ninja, a Data Diva. You are the go-to person when we need to find the person nobody else can find. You love building talent pools of the best people in the market and are quick to suggest suitable candidates for the latest job opportunities. Your candidates refer their friends and associates to you because they know you’ll look after them.
For those who love building and growing client relationships. You have the support of Recruitment Consultants to source and fill your roles, and the Contractor Care team will guarantee you have the happiest contractors in town. Not being a traditional 360° role means you’ll have much more time to focus on the strategic growth of your client portfolio.
Born to lead? In addition to managing your client portfolio, you will lead a team focused on a specific industry or market sector. This focus allows you and your team to become experts in your field, building talent pools with sector-specific skills. Your deeper knowledge of your clients’ business drivers will make you a trusted advisor, and your team will grow and develop their skills with your leadership and support.
This strategic role means you are an important member of Clicks’ Leadership Group. With full financial responsibility for your business, you will have a mix of the above roles reporting to you. With the support of the Board, you are empowered to make the decisions that ensure your business meets its strategic objectives related to growth, people, brand and more.
At Clicks, we value the following attributes:
Conscientiousness: you have a good work ethic, are persistent (push through) and resilient (bounce back). You understand your responsibilities and can be relied upon to fulfill them.
Service orientation: you always put the customer first, showing a keen interest in their needs and circumstances. You have a sense of urgency and take the initiative to offer solutions. Your customers respond by calling you first.
Achievement orientation: you want to be successful, have goals and the determination to achieve them.
Team Player: you want to support your colleagues and contribute to the team. You focus on what you can give, not what you can take.
Sense of humour: We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves seriously.
We have a diverse workplace. At last count 12 different cultural backgrounds, an age range of 40 years, and an equal number of men and women at Board and Leadership Group level.
Hiring is one of the most important decisions we can make for our business. We take it very seriously, choosing to ‘recruit hard, manage easy’. This means that if you’re offered a position with Clicks, we will have formed a clear picture of how we can best support you to achieve your professional goals.
This includes the right leadership style, the right tasks and goals, the right learning and development at the right pace, the right career path and the right network to support you.
When you apply for a job with Clicks you can expect a process that respects your confidentiality and keeps you informed at every step:
- A telephone interview or coffee catch-up with the hiring manager to qualify your interest and suitability for Clicks.
- A structured interview with the hiring manager using a mix of behavioural and preferential questions to gain a deeper understanding of your skills, experience, motivation, attitude and goals.
- Online psychometric assessments to understand your work preferences as well as your verbal, numeric and abstract reasoning capability.
- A further interview with the hiring manager’s manager to discuss any areas highlighted at the previous interview stages, and to provide you with the opportunity to ask further questions and gain an alternative perspective from a different Clicks employee.
- Two reference checks with your most recent direct managers.
- Any additional discussions or meetings to help you understand your role, team and what’s expected.
- A meeting with the hiring manager to present you with your letter of offer and walk you through the employment pack, including employment contract, bonus plan and company policies.
- On commencement, you will receive our structured four-week onboarding program to ensure the best chance of success from day one.
How to apply
Interested in becoming our newest Clickster? Or maybe you just want to know a little more… either way you can email or call our Managing Director, Ben Wood, on 03 9963 4884.