Are you ready to shape the digital future of Victoria Police?
Do you want to help your community?
Victoria Police's Information, Communications, and Digital Technology Division is creating high-performance teams that will deliver technology solutions to our organisation's more than 23,000 people state-wide.
About the role:
As a Senior Systems Engineer for Exchange Online, you will bring your specialist experience on Microsoft 365 services and have a passion for cloud services and innovation, with a focus on Modern Workplace collaboration and messaging.
- You will be responsible for establishing and supporting the Exchange Online and archive environment
- Administration, implementation, and maintenance of current and new Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Manage escalated issues relating to applications or cloud services through to resolution
- Proactively perform maintenance activities, while deploying and documenting technical solutions
- You will also maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- You will be part of a supportive and progressive team that supports and enables career development
- Victoria Police is a contemporary and agile workplace and supports flexible working arrangements
- Work in a complex, dynamic, challenging digital environment, delivering technology solutions to keep your community safe
As part of the team you will:
- Provide specialised technical expertise and recommendations on Microsoft 365 products and services
- Provide 3rd level support for all Microsoft 365 and Exchange Online related issues
- Design and configure business components according to agreed business need, such as Exchange Online and supporting Microsoft 365 and cloud services.
- Create and maintain a contemporary Modern Workplace environment improve end user experience
- Mentoring the IT team to develop their Microsoft 365 support and maintenance skills
- Provide cover as required for other Microsoft services
- Maintain the Governance and Security Model for the platform
- User and support staff documentation
The skills and experience you will add to our team include:
- Solid experience with Microsoft 365, Exchange, Azure, Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Extensive PowerShell skills including development of ground-up scripting across Exchange, Active Directory and other Microsoft 365 services
- Experience with migration paths from on-prem solutions to Microsoft 365
- Microsoft and ITIL certifications are highly regarded
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft 365, Exchange and Azure technologies and services
- Administering and maintaining a range of networks and systems
- Experience in resolving high level IT issues escalated within the Service Desk
- Ability to communicate fluently in both oral and written form
- Conceptual and analytic skills
- Ability to mentor team members and collaborate with peers
- Strong attention to detail and excellent customer service orientation
Requirements and relevant information:
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo National Security Vetting, achieve and maintain a security classification as determined by the Department Head. To achieve this, applicants must be an Australian Citizen. OR Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include fingerprint checks and misconduct screening.
Applications close midnight, Thursday the 17th of September, 2021.
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email .au or on (03) 8335 8081.
Victoria Police has a dedicated workforce of more than 22,000 employees consisting of police, protective services officers, police custody officers, and public service staff. Each employee plays a vital role in providing the 24/7, 365 days a year emergency response and public safety capability the organisation delivers to its community. As a Victoria Police employee, you have a dedication and commitment to community safety.
Having a workforce that reflects the community we serve is important to Victoria Police. We want to attract and retain people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities, and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. If you are interested in a position, we encourage you to apply as we celebrate the benefit that diversity brings to our employees, our services, and our community.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Service employee for Victoria Police: https://www.police.vic.gov.au/vps
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Melissa Cooper at Clicks IT Recruitment on 03 9963 4826.
|Category||Project / Program / PMO support|