Are you ready to shape the digital future of Victoria Police?
Do you want to help your community?
Clicks IT Recruitment is working with Victoria Police's Information, Communications, and Digital Technology Division to create a high-performance teams that will deliver technology solutions to our organisation's more than 22,000 people state-wide.
About the role:
As the EUC Lead System Engineer, you have the crucial role to manage the desktop and endpoint computing hardware and software environment.
- You will be the escalation point for end user services
- You will provide strategic imperative and technical insights
- Deliver the implementation of solutions in the Microsoft Modern Management suite, including Endpoint Manager, Intune, Autopilot and Desktop Analytics
- You will provide advice, recommendations, and thought leadership on all technical aspects of the service
- Demonstrated ability to lead a dynamic team and using best practice
- You'll be empowered to use your specialist vision to develop and manage your projects
- You will be part of a supportive and progressive team that supports and enables career development
- Victoria Police is a contemporary and agile workplace and supports flexible working arrangements
- Work in a complex, dynamic, challenging digital environment, delivering technology solutions to keep your community safe
Your duties will include:
- Establish capability and practise for Modern End Point Management to deliver increased business value
- Lead, manage and coach a team of EUC engineers, embedding an agile culture
- Develop and deliver strategy and road-map for continuous improvement
- Provide ownership and delivery of IT processes by driving automation and implementing solutions
- Develop procedures and methodologies for Asset life-cycle management and optimisation
- Identify and manage any critical service delivery vulnerabilities and operational risks
- Develop and maintain reporting metrics, trending analysis and insights
- Establish, maintain and improve engagement with internal and external stakeholders
The skills and experience you will add to our team include:
To be a success in this role you will have a strong technical capability in OS Deployments, Patching, application packaging, and content distribution using primarily SCCM, MSI and MDT.
- Experience working in a Team Lead role in large enterprises
- Experience in SCCM/ Config Manager, O365 deployments, Microsoft Intune, Autopilot, Endpoint Manager, Azure Virtual Desktop deployments
- Experience with PowerShell and other related scripting technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of networking, VPN and remote access technologies
- Broad infrastructure knowledge across the infrastructure, networks, servers, cloud and SaaS technologies such as Azure and Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- Demonstrated experience in uplifting processes to utilise modern and best practice capabilities
- Senior level experience providing EUC/desktop support across hardware and software in an enterprise
- Experience maintaining a hardware and software refresh life-cycle for end user devices
- Self-motivated, highly visible and an engaging point of contact, who enjoys working with people
- Experience in deploying and supporting Windows and applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience in group policy management with Security and governance principles
- The ability to embrace change, be adaptable and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including technical documentation skills
- Microsoft and ITIL certifications are highly regarded
Requirements and relevant information:
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo National Security Vetting, achieve and maintain a security classification as determined by the Department Head. To achieve this, applicants must be an Australian Citizen. OR Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include fingerprint checks and misconduct screening.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 19 September 2021.
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email .au or on (03) 8335 8081.
Victoria Police has a dedicated workforce of more than 22,000 employees consisting of police, protective services officers, police custody officers, and public service staff. Each employee plays a vital role in providing the 24/7, 365 days a year emergency response and public safety capability the organisation delivers to its community. As a Victoria Police employee, you have a dedication and commitment to community safety.
Having a workforce that reflects the community we serve is important to Victoria Police. We want to attract and retain people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities, and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. If you are interested in a position, we encourage you to apply as we celebrate the benefit that diversity brings to our employees, our services, and our community.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Service employee for Victoria Police: https://www.police.vic.gov.au/vps
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. For further information please contact Melissa Cooper at Clicks IT Recruitment on 03 9963 4826.
|Category||Project / Program / PMO support|